About Me
A little bit about me.....
I am a fourth grade teacher and I am currently in my eighth year of teaching at an elementary school in Downers Grove. I am a proud aunt of a 2 1/2 year old and I absolutely love it! He loves to run around and jump on things. (Even sometimes on me! haha) I love living in the city and cheering on my Chicago Cubs!
As I have been teaching, I have realized how important technology has become in education. Our district is a 1:1 district and I have seen how technology can really be used as an important tool in a child's academic journey. One of my favorite tech tools that I have been using in my classroom is Google Classroom. I have found this tool to be a beneficial way to get my students different materials and to have them turn things in electronically. I'm excited to try and use it as a blog as well.
This blog is a way to organize my learning as I go through the "Teaching with Technology" classes I am taking. This information will help me as I incorporate my learning into my teaching. The information that is displayed in this portfolio will tie in with the ISTE Standards of Technology with an emphasis on the 4 C's. (Collaboration, Creativity, Critical Thinking, and Communication)
Here is a copy of my EPortfolio that I had created from previous classes that help show some of the things I have learned through this program.
EPortfolio
I am a fourth grade teacher and I am currently in my eighth year of teaching at an elementary school in Downers Grove. I am a proud aunt of a 2 1/2 year old and I absolutely love it! He loves to run around and jump on things. (Even sometimes on me! haha) I love living in the city and cheering on my Chicago Cubs!
As I have been teaching, I have realized how important technology has become in education. Our district is a 1:1 district and I have seen how technology can really be used as an important tool in a child's academic journey. One of my favorite tech tools that I have been using in my classroom is Google Classroom. I have found this tool to be a beneficial way to get my students different materials and to have them turn things in electronically. I'm excited to try and use it as a blog as well.
This blog is a way to organize my learning as I go through the "Teaching with Technology" classes I am taking. This information will help me as I incorporate my learning into my teaching. The information that is displayed in this portfolio will tie in with the ISTE Standards of Technology with an emphasis on the 4 C's. (Collaboration, Creativity, Critical Thinking, and Communication)
Here is a copy of my EPortfolio that I had created from previous classes that help show some of the things I have learned through this program.
EPortfolio
Hi Meghan! Your nephew sounds like so much fun! :) I also started using Google Classroom with my students this year and found it has really streamlined by instructional delivery. My students love having a central hub where they can access and turn-in important assignments. I am excited to read more from your blog as you continue your course work!
ReplyDeleteHi Meghan - I still haven't used Google Classroom with students, mainly because I have so many classes. Maybe this class will help me find a manageable way to this. I know many teachers love GC!
ReplyDelete