Course Reflection- EEND678E

When looking back on the Effective Technology Integration course I just finished, I really feel that I have learned a lot.  Previous to this course, I have always wanted to do more Project Based Learning in my classroom.  I’ve wanted to get my students to do more collaborative work and I’ve wanted to focus on building essential questions into my classroom.  In this course, I really was able to dive into learning about PBL and create my own plan.  I think by creating my own plan, it really helped me think through the process and how I could implement this into my classroom.  I am very excited to do my PBL lesson that I created at the beginning of my next school year!
I’ve grown as an educator because of all the beneficial discussions we have had as a class.  I think one of the best ways to learn as an educator is to hear about what other teachers are doing and creating for their classrooms.  I love how we were able to share our PBL plans with each other because it gave me great ideas that I want to bring back to my classroom.  I also loved how we were able to share and explore different tech tools.  In previous classes, we weren’t able to explore the tools in depth, so I was always wondering how I could use them.  In this class, we were able to research and try the ones we were curious about, and then we were given time to actually try them out!  You learn a lot by actually using the tech tool and I feel like I have a lot to take back to my classroom.  I can’t wait to share this knowledge with my other colleagues at my school and I can’t wait to use these tech tools with my students!


Comments

  1. I agree with you that this course has allowed us to focus on what would best benefit our learners. We were given time to collaborate with other teachers & develop ways to implement in our classrooms next year! Such a valuable learning experience! Thank you for all that you shared in class! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meghan,
    I have also wanted to incorporate more PBL into my teaching, and like you, I feel that practicing during this course has prepared me to do more in the future. It's like getting our toes wet before fully jumping in!! And it's such a benefit to discuss with other quality educators!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right! Having the ability to collaborate with other educators is so beneficial to both students and teachers. I think having the ability to start to develop a PBL plan makes it less scary to implement. Great reflection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "You learn a lot by actually using the tech tool and I feel like I have a lot to take back to my classroom. I can’t wait to share this knowledge with my other colleagues at my school and I can’t wait to use these tech tools with my students!"

    Meghan, definitely share what you know! Your colleagues are lucky to have you and all of the other creative teachers in the class.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meghan,
    I have always been interested in PBL too. Spending time on it in this class was an added bonus and I plan on trying to develop a PBL for each grade level next year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment