E-Learning: Assessment for eLearning Unit


eLearning Unit Assessment

Assessment and Rubrics


Giving purposeful feedback to our students and to our colleagues is a very valuable tool.  It helps us get our students/colleagues to start thinking differently or helping them "wonder" about different things that they might not have before.  The artifact that I chose to share that is part of my eLearning Unit plan are my assessments and rubrics.  For one assessment, I am having students fill out a Google Form toward the beginning and then again at the end of the unit.  They will be discussing their thoughts on the essential questions of the unit.  I will be sharing this Google Form with them on the Google Classroom platform I will be using throughout my unit. Creating a Google Form was very easy.  I am very familiar with the tool and it is very easy to distribute to the students by adding a link to our Google Classroom platform.  The thing that I really like about Google Forms is that it creates a graph of the responses and helps you organize the information that is given back to you.  I can make it into a spreadsheet or I can look off the graphs for an overall assessment of the class.  I really think this assessment will be very valuable and will give me an understanding of the student's thoughts on our essential question and if they are grasping our key objectives of the unit.

Looking back at my progress through this course, I have realized that I have learned so much.  I've always wanted to learn more about Project Based Learning and get help on developing essential questions.  By creating our own eLearning Unit plans has helped me realized how much goes into PBL.  It is such a creative way to get students to start taking charge of their learning and learn in a way where the teacher is not just lecturing at them.  I can't wait to continue to look into Project Based Learning and bring it back to my classroom!

Comments