eLearning Class Reflective Post
Reflection
When I reflect on this course, I can’t believe that we are already at the end of it! When I first saw that we were doing an eLearning course, I wasn’t sure what the word, “eLearning” meant. We have been learning about new tech tools in our other classes, so I thought we had already learned what “eLearning” was. I didn’t know how much more there was!
When I look at the 4 C’s of technology ( Collaboration, Communication, Critical Thinking, and Creativity), this course definitely has shown me ways to incorporate these pillars into my teaching! I have always wanted to know more about Project Based Learning. This course showed me a way to have my students think more creatively and more critically. By incorporating more PBL into my teaching, I can get my students to collaborate with each other, think critically about certain curriculum topics, and are able to communicate their findings with many different technology tools.
One of the things that stood out to me in this course was using Flipgrid. I had never heard about this tool before and I like that we were told to use it as one of our assignments. I don’t like to record myself on video so using Flipgrid was a struggle for me! I think I re-recorded myself about ten times! It was interesting to put myself in that position so I know how it would feel for some of my students. I like that it only gives you 90 seconds to talk because it helps you/your students be more concise in their answers.
I can’t wait to continue to look over the tools that our instructor Kristin has shared with us and see which ones would be useful in my classroom!
Meghan,
ReplyDeleteI love the layout of your blog! I enjoyed using Flipgrid as well and took me several times to record. Nicole actually made me post our last one and I didn't like it at all! I can see Flipgrid being used as a quick exit slip or check for students. I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer!
Lauren
Hi Meghan,
ReplyDeleteI, too, cannot believe we are at the end of this course! I also really enjoyed learning more about project-based learning. I always thought developing a unit like this would be too challenging, but this course has proved that it is very possible to develop a variety of PBL units using the same core tech tools while adjusting the lesson content accordingly.
Flipgrid was also new for me! While it was not my favorite tool to use as I, too, found myself doing multiple re-takes, I like how it forced me to be more concise with my response! This is definitely something I need to work on! :) I also immediately thought of a few students I have had that would prefer using Flipgrid to respond to prompts verbally as opposed to through writing.
I would love to use your immigration unit next year in my Social Studies class tool! You came up with some great ideas that will surely work well with your students. Great work!
(Jennifer S.)
DeleteMeghan,
ReplyDeleteTotally agree with your assessment of Flipgrid! I wasn't comfortable at first either, and it was a challenge to get my full message across in a limited time. This could be a great lesson for kids in summarizing and selecting only the most important information to share. Great points!
Happy Summer,
Beth
Meghan,
ReplyDeleteI love your reflection piece on FlipGrid! I was very uncomfortable using it at first, but the more I have used it, such as in our other graduate course, the more comfortable it was to use! I can't wait to hear how you utilize this tool in your class this upcoming school year! Thank you for sharing!