Flipped Classroom Lesson
Reflecting on My Learning
Flipped Lesson
I've always heard of teachers moving to a "flipped classroom", but I never knew what that all entailed. We have a teacher at our school who has flipped his whole math class and he always tell us what kind of success he gets with it. I've always been intrigued but I've never had the time to really learn about the benefits that a flipped classrooms could have and what it takes to get your classroom that way. My flipped lesson promotes communication to the students. By using a video for the main lesson, students are able to practice and look back at the video lesson as many times as they need to. It's a way to continue to communicate their main objective of the lesson.
When I reflect on making my flipped math lesson, I think about how it was hard for me to do at first. I feel weird recording my own voice and sharing a video I created. It made me stop and think about how my students must feel when I ask them to do the same. The more we are exposed to an experience though, the more comfortable we become with it. I believe if I really took myself out of my comfort zone, I would not mind creating videos for my students. I feel overwhelmed when I think about flipping my whole math class. That is a lot of videos to make and I feel like it's hard to find the time to do them! I believe if I were to start small and make a few videos throughout the year, or when I had time, I could always then save them for the next year and continue my journey the following year. Now that I have created a video myself and have learned about using EdPuzzle I feel that creating videos seems like it is the easy part! Having to create a management system to put into place is something that I want to continue to research about. What will they do the next day? In my lesson, I have them doing stations, but is that the best way? I'm excited to continue my learning on this and can't wait to use the videos with my students!
Comments
Post a Comment